Because air conditioner repairs could be pricey, it’s critical to schedule annual maintenance as well as tune-ups with a professional AC contractor to get the most out of your air conditioner. It also is critical to understand the most frequent air conditioning issues so that you could take preventative actions to avoid costly repairs. Select AC services specialists for reliable, professional, and affordable repair services.
Finding An Emergency Repair AC Specialist
Regardless of how frequently you have your air conditioner serviced, the technician, see Schutz Heating & Cooling will complete the same set of procedures to ensure that your system is already in good working order.
The following are some of the AC service tasks:
- Change the air filters as needed.
- Indoor and outdoor coils should be cleaned and inspected.
- The condensate pump should be inspected.
- Make that the thermostat is in working order.
- Remove any dirt or debris from the condensate pump.
- Examine the entire HVAC system visually.
- Clean the system of any dust, grime, or debris.
Determining If Your AC Unit Is Broken
Here are the steps to follow if you want to do your HVAC inspection.
- Begin with your thermostat
To begin, double-check that your thermostat is in functioning order. Verify that the heating and cooling mechanisms switch on and off according to their settings. Remove the thermostat physically and use a Q-tip to clean it thoroughly.
- Turn off the electricity
Turn off the power to the inside unit by finding the appropriate switch on the breaker box. Turn off the on/off switch on the outside device. Because you’ll be dismantling pieces of the unit soon, this is critical.
- Clear the debris from the outside HVAC unit
Remove the fan cage from the top of the device with a screwdriver as well as a wrench. Eliminate any additional leaves or debris from the interior with a wet/dry vacuum.
- Ensure that the fins are clean and in good working order
Flush the fins inside the device with a sprayer hose to remove any debris. Use caution while using a pressure washer, as it may be excessively forceful. Fin-cleaning spray could be found at a hardware store if the fins are dirty. To maintain optimal airflow during the year, the fins must be straight. Carefully align the fins with a butter knife or even a fin-straightening tool. The fan cage should be reattached.
- Make sure the area around the unit is clear
Keep a minimum of 2 feet between the external unit as well as any trees, shrubs, or even other vegetation. It’s a good idea to put a piece of plywood and plastic on top of the unit and during the winter months to shield it from debris falling. Covering the unit is an invitation for vermin to get in during the off-season.
- Raise or lower the unit’s level.
- Clean the evaporator coil
- Inspect the evaporator drain
- Change the filter regularly
The Importance Of Hiring An AC Repair Expert
Air conditioning upkeep is an essential part of owning an air conditioner, which provides numerous advantages:
- Maintaining your air conditioner improves its efficiency and performance.
- AC servicing extends the life of the system. Allow your air conditioner to operate for longer periods.
- Regular air conditioning maintenance helps to avoid the need for air conditioning repairs.
The accumulation of dust and debris in the filters has an impact on their performance, plus the air conditioning unit will have to work harder to keep up. Select a specialist who is providing reliable and professional ac repair.